Sunday, April 18, 2010

1800 club

Yaaahoooo - I finally joined the 1800 club finding my first coin dated in the 1800's. It is an Indian head penny dated - 1864. It is in rough shape though so getting a picture may be difficult. I found it at my son's school - I couldn't tell what it was when I dug it up.- it looked and felt like a corroded zinc penny at first. I cleaned it with the rest of pennies I found and then I saw the back first and I knew it was an Indian. Now I hope I can get on this trend like the key and ring trend I get on. When I find one hopefully I'll find another. You got to love this hobby.

                                                              Coin count 2010                                             
                                                                     Q -80
                                                                     D -69
                                                                     N - 35
                                                                1 - nickel - 1947    
                                                                     P - 155
                                                                1 - Indian head - 1864
                                                                1 - wheat  - 194
                                                                2 - Dol
                                                              345 coins - $32.20 total
                                                               4 - silver rings

No comments:

Post a Comment