Saturday, May 22, 2010

Early morning hunt

I went to my son's old school and did an area where I thought there would be old coins. I was right - I did find a 1937 wheat penny and my first silver coin - 1939-d mercury dime. I also found buttons but not sure if there kids or real - they look old.  Still plan to hunt some more today so totals will be later. Just wanted to share my first silver find.

                                                 Coin count 2010                                             
                                                          Q -169
                                                          D -162
                                                    1 - 1939 merc
                                                          N -86
                                                    1 - nickel - 1947    
                                                          P - 317
                                                     1 - Indian head - 1864
                                                     6 - wheats  - 1937, 38,46,49,53-d(2)
                                                       2 - Dol
                                                       1 - Half
                                                        747 coins
                                                      $68.42 total
                                                        7 - silver rings 

1 comment:

  1. First Silver! I bet you were surprised. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete